P.U.K Guidelines for Producers
1. Drivers and grooms must hold transport certificate.
2. Operators licence - should hold one or pay a third party to oversee.
3. Vehicle insurance must cover carrying other people's animals - normal insurance cover is invalid if carrying for reward.
4. Vet book - bound not loose-leaf - to record accidents, illness, vet visits etc.
5. Basic contract between producer and client detailing what is included/excluded/extra.
6. Accident and incident book - bound not loose-leaf.
7. Insurance cover - teaching, public liability employer's liability.
8. Enhanced DBS for employees and anyone who has unsupervised contact with children/ young people.
9. First aider available at yard.
10. Health and Safety policy.
11. Child Protection Policy.
12. All policies should be easily available to clients.
ALL ASSOCIATIONS SHOULD HAVE A CHECK LIST IN THEIR RULE BOOKS TO ENABLE PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS TO MAKE INFORMED CHOICES.